Wednesday 13 May 2015

Not Talking

I’d say I’m an honest, open sort. Ask me a question, or not, and I'm pretty happy to talk and share. And for the most part, life is much better when I’m that way. Because if I’m doing the opposite it most likely means one of two things:



1. (and this is the most likely) I’m not actually very well. Chances are I’m super  tired, having blood sugar swings and/or my brain is completely overloaded, whether from work or diabetes (or both!!). Which often ends up cycling around to me stressing, getting worse blood sugars and then worrying about the effects of said blood sugars. Possibly amounting to full blown anxiety. For the sanity of everyone around, the less talking the better. A warm and peaceful bed should be sort out as quickly as possible as otherwise some sort of melt down is sure to eventuate, particularly if all of the above has been combined with a lack of exercise! Usually after I've slept on it I will decided if its a good idea to cling on to it, flesh it out, share it, talk about it, write about it etc.

Or 2. (rarely but possible) I really don’t like you all that much, because I don’t trust you, or you’ve hurt me more than once or never listen anyway...or all three!  And thank goodness that's not the D community way.

Both these situations lead to shut down. No ranting, no writing, no talking. Mostly because I don't want to let negativity into my life anymore than it really has to be. I don't even tend to watch drama based TV shows and movies!

I choose to deal with the above this way because I recognise that I am an emotional soul, who needs to step back and examine things, switch off or sleep! Otherwise I will be dwelling in my corner for way too long – most likely trying to drag all other possible negatives in with me (and dear ol’ diabetes sure can have a lot of negatives when you really want to sit down and point them all out to yourself!) thus causing the classic snow ball effect – I’m totally a snow baller! But at least I know it.

And on that note - that's enough of that!

P.S my apologies for being late in posting this! Big day yesterday combined with finding this a hard topic to talk about!!


This Post was written as part of Diabetes Blog Week 2015

Many of us share lots of aspects of our diabetes lives online for the world to see.  What are some of the aspects of diabetes that you choose to keep private from the internet?  Or from your family and friends?  Why is it important to keep it to yourself?  (This is not an attempt to get you out of your comfort zone.  There is no need to elaborate or tell personal stories related to these aspects.  Simply let us know what kinds of stories we will never hear you tell, and why you won't tell them.) (Thank you Scott E of Rolling in the D for this topic.)

3 comments:

  1. I have the same tendency as you. It is so dang hard to find motivation to blog when work, or diabetes, or both get in the way. Thank you for sharing. <3 Happy diabetes blog week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, I hope you had a great Diabetes Blog week :)

      Delete