Friday 29 May 2015

Foods On Friday

Diabetes Blog Week 2015 (Thanks Karen!) introduced us to 'Foods on Friday' - My favourite topic during the week. In fact I was looking forward to it all week (and yes, just may be I had been prepping my post since the week before in anticipation. Just maybe)

I'm really quite fascinated by food (and I don't think it's just a diabetes thing), and since this topic also fitted quite nicely with the food journey I have been on this year, I thought I would continue the spirit of Diabetes Blog week past and post the occasional 'Foods on Friday' post - please join in if you like!

Today I'm showing what I ate yesterday. There's a few reasons for this. One being that by the time 4pm rolled around I was ready for bed. And I wasn't happy about that as I had to skip my normal 5pm workout and take a nap with the cat. Please cue the violins.... I'm not even thirty yet and there I was napping with my cat in the afternoon.... on a week day! 

So two, I'm looking for some opinions, guidance, tips... thoughts on where you think I'm stumbling and causing low energy levels... here goes...

4 am Wake Up BG 7.6 - corrected with 0.3U
4.30 am Warm Lemon Water 5g carbs - didn't dose for this
4.45 am Macchiato with half a piece of toast and butter 8g - didn't dose for this
5.15am - 6.15am Gym: Tired today so 25 mins power walk, 25mins cardio weights, 10mins stretch
7 am BG 7.2 Breakfast (Pictured below) 5g Carbs (I didn't realised this was 5g till 9am when I was feeling high...Oopps)



9 am BG 11.1 - Corrected with 1.275U + .45U for 5g (thought Id have another espresso as already feeling tired!)
11.34 am 6.8 - Corrected this with 0.2 U as I really wanted that coffee!
1 pm Lunch - Home made salad with feta and smoked salmon - forgot to dose 
1.30pm Stuck in a meeting and suddenly remembered I needed to dose for the salad- 5g Carbs 0.45U
4 pm 8.9 Corrected with 0.65U (still had 0.075 active units)
          Then decided I wanted a protein bar: 3g 0.25U
4.30 pm BG 10 Corrected with 1U
7.15 pm BG10.9 Corrected with another 1.1 Dinner (pictured below) 3g but didn't dose as starting to feel confused to why I'm still 10 and thinking 'Am I gonna crash soon'?!?!


8.30 pm BG 10.4 Corrected with 0.45U
9 am Feeling very done with this day. I give it a 4 out of 10. Zzzzzzz


Friday morning (today) waking BG 6.9..... and hoping for a much better day ahead!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, that looks like a very healthy day to me food/activity wise. And it looks as though you have very good control of your diabetes to be correcting with such precise doses. Could the afternoon rise be a delayed response from the fat in the eggs, cheese and protein bar? Or just stress-related? Sometimes we do our best and still don't get the results we're expecting. Its just something we have to accept and move on.

    ReplyDelete